Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- Do not eat or drink anything including water past midnight the night before your appointment. Wear comfortable clothing to your appointment.
- DO NOT WEAR tight fitting or binding clothing, high heels or flip flops, or jewelry to your surgery appointment.
- You may take prescribed medication the morning of surgery (unless told otherwise by the doctor) with a small sip of water. If you have any condition which requires antibiotic pre-medication as recommended by your doctor, please remember to take the antibiotics one (1) hour prior to your surgery with a small sip of water.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. It is suggested that someone should be with you at home through the entire day following your surgery.
- Please remove your contact lenses, glasses, and dentures prior to your surgery.
- Please notify us before your appointment if you develop any cold, flu, sore throat or other symptoms of illness.